The IoT is Here to Stay: Risks Included
Research from Metova has revealed the current scale of smart product adoption in the United States. According to Metova, 90 percent of U.S users now own some form of smart device.
This shows the IoT has truly reached mass adoption across the country. This also presents inherent risks to everyone connected to the Internet of Things. At this scale of growth, taking action to manage the IoT is critical and urgent.
Other observations include:
- Over 90% surveyed have made a purchase of a connected home device.
- Nearly 70% already have a voice-controlled system such as an Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
- 58% percent of people who own a connected home device are concerned about how it may impact their privacy.
- 74% of respondents think connected home devices are the wave of the future.
- Over 30% who do not have a connected home device plan to make a purchase within the year.
Manage the IoT
Robert Brown, Director of Services for Verismic said, “As our ownership of smart technology expands, there will become a moment in time when you will no longer have the instant knowledge of the devices in your home or office which could be used to expose critical vulnerabilities, breach your network or steal your identity.
Syxsense will give you a simple view of all of the IoT devices in your home or office, and provide you the information you need to keep yourself better protected.